TasteHaus’s Ann Lin was missing the flavor of Greek yogurt when she found this Vietnamese keto yogurt Instant Pot alternative.
If you are on the keto diet and missing yogurt, I have good news. Vietnamese yogurt, which has a texture similar to Greek yogurt, is easy to make and keto-friendly. This paleo-friendly, gluten-free keto yogurt recipe is great for breakfast, dessert, or a snack.
A couple months after I joined the ketogenic way of eating, I was craving Vietnamese yogurt with a texture similar to Greek yogurt: thick and creamy. And the taste – sweet and tangy.
There are not many keto-friendly low carb yogurt recipes available online featuring the texture and taste that I was after. However, one recipe in particular stood out for me without using milk as the base. This recipe was simple and the steps were easy, using only two ingredients: probiotic capsules and coconut cream. It promised a thick texture with a tangy taste, and I was intrigued. The result – thick but not too creamy as promised. And taste wise, it was a bit too tangy. I was not a fan.
Within the next couple of weeks, I took on the challenge to develop the perfect keto yogurt using keto-friendly ingredients. It had to be smooth, creamy, and thick with just the right amount of tang and sweetness. By the eighth trial, my keto coconut yogurt recipe was finalized. It is a simple, cold start method using the Instant Pot, and is one of my favorite keto foods.
The Instant Pot: Perfect for keto yogurt and more.
At TasteHaus and on the road, we can’t get enough of our It sautees, pressure cooks, slow cooks, and even bakes cakes. It’s perfect for making conventional and keto yogurt as well. It is one of the best kitchen devices we own and use, and you’ll love it, too. Check out my review by clicking here.
- ¾ cup Coconut Cream
- 4 cups Thai Kitchen coconut milk
- 1/4 cup monk fruit
- 1 Tbsp Greek yogurt with bacteria culture
- 1 Tbsp beef gelatin
How to make keto yogurt:
Make Keto Yogurt in five easy steps:
- Place ¾ Cup Coconut Cream, 1/4 Cup monk fruit and 1 Tbsp of beef gelatin into a medium saucepan. Turn the heat to medium and stir to dissolve the monk fruit. Turn the heat off and take the saucepan off the stove. Let cool.
- Add 4 cups of Thai Kitchen coconut milk into the saucepan. In a small bowl, place 1 tbsp of Greek yogurt with 1 tbss of the coconut milk mixture, mix well with a whisk. Pour mixture into the saucepan and stir well.
- Fill jars with the coconut milk mixture and seal with lids.
- Place the jars into the pot. Seal the Instant Pot lid and choose the yogurt function and set it to “Normal” for 16 Hours.
- Chill the yogurt in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours before serving. Texture and taste is best after 3 days in the refrigerator to thicken and sweeten, but it’s not necessary to wait that long. Add your favorite keto yogurt toppings!
Tips and Tricks
- For this recipe, all you’ll need are five ingredients, ten mason jars with lids (125 ml) and an 8 quart Instant Pot with a yogurt function.
- If you do not like your yogurt sweet, simply omit the sweetener, and your keto yogurt will be just as nice!