We like a variety of high-end mixers, but the unique design of the Ankarsrum Stand Mixer sets it apart from the competition.
Move over Google, I have a personal assistant you can really count on (for the heavy duty kitchen stuff, that is). The Ankarsrum 6230 7 litre stand mixer is a tool that does almost everything well. You will be blown away by the quality and the ability of this mixer. While most multi-purpose tools do a few things at a mediocre level, this is my go-to when I head to the world food championships, where space is limited for tools. This baby grinds spices and meat (if you are going to make something special, like Steak Tartare, you need to grind your own meat). It’s the best stand mixer for bread dough. Heck, it’s the best stand mixer for baking! While it’s not cheap, you get what you pay for and I use it at least three or four times a week. This is like having a Kitchenaid stand mixer on steroids!
Heavy duty, not complicated
The Ankarsrum electric stand mixer is very simple and easy to use once you understand the basics of it. The motor is at the bottom, making it very steady. The bowl itself is stainless steel and at seven quarts, it’s enough to mix four loaves of bread at a time. Rather than using a paddle like the KitchenAid mixers, it uses a roller. It’s a bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it’s a game changer. It’s the best professional stand mixer on the market today.
Customizable for your needs
While I’m partial to the meat grinder, the ankarsrum mixer 6230 also has the chops to be your veggie slicer, your flour mill and your hard cheese grater. There is an endless array of attachments available, so it’s all up to what you want it to do.
Easy to maintain
Like the best assistants, this one is low-maintenance. Just wipe it down with a cloth and you are set (the attachments are also dishwasher safe). And with its sleek minimalist design and second-to-none ergonomics, it’s a comfort to use for your most challenging tasks.
Customize and join the community
No ankarsrum mixer review is complete without talking about customization. The sky really is the limit with all the available attachments for this tool. You can invest in the base and buy the attachments and build onto the unit as your skill level increases. For every good kitchen product, you get what you pay for. If you want excellence in everything you do the Ankarsrum mixer is what you want.
Tips and Tricks
How to Start/Stop Ankarsrum mixer Instructions:
- Plug the mixer in the wall outlet and make sure it is secure.
- The Assistant is started by turning the On/Off/Timer knob (1) to the ON position for continuous use or to the desired time from 1 to 12 minutes.
- In order to turn the mixer off, just turn the knob in the back to the off position.
- If you wish to change the speed, use the speed adjustment knob (2) which will change the bowl speed.
- Depending on what you want to make there are suggested speeds for certain dishes in specific recipes or attachment use.
- 12 o’clock = lowest speed level 2-3 o’clock is med-low 3-4 o’clock = medium 5-6 o’clock = medi-high 7-8 o’clock = high
- For cleaning the dough hook either put in dishwasher or by hand use warm water with soap with a sponge/dishcloth
About our Guest Contributor
Chef Mike Callaghan is an award winning chef known for his skills on the BBQ. Here are just some of his culinary accomplishments:
World Recipe Champion
Food Network FIREMASTER
Best Steak in World
Best BBQ Sauce in World 2014
Follow him here to here to see more of his skills and mouthwatering dishes.